Medline Prophase Wound Cleanser 8oz Spray 12Ct
- Prophase is a nontoxic, nonsensitizing and nonirritating wound cleanser that also moistens and aids in debridement
- Contains cocamidopropyl betaine, which is a gentle and effective surfactant, and PHMB, which is a preservative well-known for its broad spectrum antimicrobial/antiseptic properties with no known resistances1
- Offered in an 8-oz. spray bottle that will provide an ideal level of spray pressure (AHRQ guidelines) as well as a 2 oz. squeeze bottle
- Indications: acute and chronic dermal lesions, stage I-IV pressure injuries, venous ulcers, leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, post-surgical wounds, first- and second-degree burns and grafted and donor sites
1. Hubner, N.O., and A. Kramer. "Review on the Efficacy, Safety and Clinical Applications of Polihexanide, a Modern Wound Antiseptic." Skin Pharmacol Physiol Skin Pharmacology and Physiology 23.1 (2010): 17-27.