HEELMEDIX Heel Protector, Size XL
- Completely off-loads the heel and helps redistribute pressure on vulnerable heels
- Open heel design allows for airflow and easy monitoring; straps pull down on sides to help protect against foot drop
- Inner lining helps reduce friction and shear on heels
- An optional wedge can be used to help prevent medial and lateral rotation
- Equipped with 3-hole options on each side of the boot for DVT pressure devices
- Click here to access the available clinical content for HEELMEDIX
|Pack Size||1 Each (EA)|
All-in-One Pressure Relief and Skin Protection.*
The heels are the most common site for facility-acquired pressure injuries in long-term care facilities and the second most common site for pressure injuries overall1. According to clinical experts, the most effective pressure injury prevention for the heels is pressure relief known as offloading1,2. Offloading is achieved with heel protection devices that relieve pressure by elevating the heel.
Heelmedix heel protectors, designed with the help of clinicians, offer supreme offloading and foot drop protection as a vital part of your comprehensive skin management program.
*Effective pressure relief helps prevent skin breakdown.
Explore Heelmedix Features
**Ultra-Fresh is an EPA-registered antimicrobial. This product does not protect users or others from disease-causing bacteria. Always clean according to Instructions for use.
Available in Three Sizes to Accommodate Most Patients
To fit Heelmedix properly, measure the circumference of the patients calf at its largest point. Color-coded tags (shown below) help to quickly identify size.
Multiple Strapping Options for Custom Fit, Comfort and Results
- Fowler E, Scott-Williams S, McGuire JB. Practice recommendations for preventing heel pressure ulcers. Ostomy Wound Management. 2008;54(10):42:48.
- Langemo D, Thompson P, Hunter S, Hanson D, Anderson J. Heel pressure ulcers: stand guard. Advances in Skin & Wound Care. 2008;21(6):282-292.