Home Medical Diagnostic Tools from Medline atHome
Monitoring your family’s health or your own health between doctor visits is essential. Our wide range of home diagnostic tools makes it easy to check and track your symptoms and health data from the comfort your own home. Whether you want to check your temperature, blood pressure or glucose levels; measure height, weight or food intake; or test for a specific condition or disease, you can trust our professional-grade products to give you quick, accurate results.
Read on to find answers to commonly asked questions about these home health must-haves.
What are home medical diagnostic tools?
While every home medicine cabinet should have basic medical supplies like bandages and pain reliever, it’s also a good idea to include some home medical devices and diagnostic tools. Medical diagnostic tools like blood pressure monitors and thermometers let you monitor your health between doctor visits, making them especially helpful for managing chronic and acute diseases. Best of all, no prescription is needed to buy these technologically-advanced, easy-to-use devices.
What are the most common at-home diagnostic devices?
If you’re building or expanding your home medical cabinet, you should consider adding these 5 essential home diagnostic items.
1) Thermometer for checking temperature for fever. Oral, digital and no-touch forehead styles are all great options.
Medline bestseller: Medline Infrared No-Touch Forehead Thermometer MDSNOTOUCH
2) Blood pressure monitor for keeping tabs on high blood pressure. Choose from traditional arm models or less bulky wrist monitors.
Medline bestseller: Medline Automatic Talking Blood Pressure Monitor MDS5001
3) Scale for monitoring weight. Choose from standard mechanical and digital styles.
Medline bestseller: Medline Digital Step-On Bathroom Scale MDR440FD
4) Pulse oximeter to painlessly measure oxygen levels (oxygen saturation) in your blood.
Medline bestseller: Medline High-Impact Finger Pulse Oximeter HCSFSATSPORT
5) Diabetic testing supplies including blood glucose monitor and test strips.
Medline bestseller: Medline EVENCARE G2 Blood Glucose Monitor + Starter Kit MPH1545
Are there diagnostic devices that aren’t essential but nice to have?
Elevate your home health care setup with these two medical-grade diagnostic tools.
6) Stethoscope for listening to heart and lung sounds.
Medline bestseller: Medline Elite Stainless Steel Cardiology Stethoscope MDS92500
7) Medical pen light to check pupils.
What are the benefits of using diagnostic devices to test at home?
Testing at home is a low-cost, confidential and extremely convenient way to track important health indicators. Best of all, you can test quickly and easy from the comfort of your own home. You should always contact your doctor if any results are troubling.